Charles & Ernest Schneider Glass & Lamps – France

Schneider Art Glass Vase, c. 1920‑1930, elongated body with amber, oxblood and white spatter motif

p4A ItemID F7966307
SCHNEIDER glass Art Deco vase, France, early 20th C. Internally decorated glass, wrought iron stand

p4A ItemID F7963478
Large Schneider art glass vase in mottled rose, amethyst and yellow

p4A ItemID F7957422
Large Schneider art glass charger

p4A ItemID F7957406

Charles & Ernest Schneider Glass & Lamps 1913 to 1937 and 1950 to 1981

Charles Schneider was born near Paris, France in 1881. He was originally a freelance designer for Daum from 1901 to 1911. In 1913, Charles and his brother Ernest officially opened their own glass works called Schneider Freres & Wolf, which closed during part of the war and reopened as “Societe Anonyme des Verreries Schneider in 1917. In 1925, theirs was the leading glass company in France, and subsequently received the “Legion of Honor Medal” at the 1925 International Exhibition, the highest award for the Arts in France. The factory closed in 1937. From 1950 to 1981 Charles and his son founded another glassworks called Cristalleries Schneider.

Information courtesy of Cowan’s Auctions and p4A editorial staff February, 2012.


About This Site

Internet Antique Gazette is brought to you by Prices4Antiques.