Judd Manufacturing Co.

A Judd Bucking Mule Cast Iron Mechanical Coin Bank

p4A ItemID F7947017
A Judd Snap It Building Cast Iron Mechanical Coin Bank

p4A ItemID F7946969
A Judd Standing Bull Dog Cast Iron Mechanical Coin Bank

p4A ItemID F7946939
A Judd Dog on Turntable Cast Iron Mechanical Coin Bank

p4A ItemID F7946929

Judd Manufacturing Co. – Banks

Morton Judd established the Judd Manufacturing Company of Wallingford, Connecticut in 1830. In 1855, his three sons joined him in business and the company’s name was changed to M. Judd & Sons. It was during this time that the company became well known for their still and mechanical bank production. Judd banks were usually finished in a brown or maroon lacquer and were washed in a green coloring. In 1887, the company was bought by one of the Judd brothers, H. L. Judd of Brooklyn, New York, who continued to concentrate the company’s operations in Wallingford, Connecticut.


About This Site

Internet Antique Gazette is brought to you by Prices4Antiques.